International Rally of Whangarei
SATURDAY 15th MAY, 2021
Come and join us on this special day where Hikurangi is hosting a "Meet the Drivers" and "refuel" event for the first time!
The intention is to make this a fantastic community day for everyone to come along to and enjoy. As well as the ability to see the rally cars up close and meet the drivers, we are also in the process of organizing food for sale, market stalls, and children's activities for the day.
A stretch of road between Alfred Street, around the corner where Rouse Motorcycles is, and on to Church Street, will be sectioned off for this event (see map below). The main traffic passing through Hikurangi will be diverted around Alfred and Church Streets between 9.30am to 11am, and again between 2.45pm to 4pm.
If we are successful in generating markets, they will be placed on the left hand side of the road of George Street, between the George Street and King Street intersections and the church/stone masons/three little birds end of George Street.
A sausage sizzle, drinks, and home baking will be available for sale on the day outside of the Hikurangi Library.
Rouse Motorcycles will open up their toilets for public use.
The rally itself will be held in our district in 3 locations, twice a day:
- Helena 1 = Kaiikanui Road, Webb Road, Pigs Head Road = 6.45am to 10.45am
- Crows Nest 1 = Paiaka Road, Crows Nest Road = 9am to 1pm
- Marlow 1 = Swamp Road, Riponui Road, Otakairangi Road, Marlow Road = 9.30am to 1.30pm
- Helena 2 = Kaiikanui Road, Webb Road, Pigs Head Road = 12pm to 4pm
- Crows Nest 2 = Paiaka Road, Crows Nest Road = 2.15pm to 6pm
- Marlow 2 = Swamp Road, Riponui Road, Otakairangi Road, Marlow Road = 2.15pm to 6.15pm
For further details on the rally and maps of where the cars will race, see the event directory here.
To purchase rally tickets, click here.