The Incredible Years Programme
Great news Hikurangi!
Family Works is bringing the Incredible Years Programme to Hikurangi! Based out of Children's Lighthouse on George Street, this programme is for parents of 3-8 year olds and supports with:
- building healthy relationships with your children
- understand your child’s development
- encouraging positive behaviour
- addressing challenging behaviour.
If you are interested in learning more about effective, positive parenting then The Incredible Years could be for you. With increased confidence and effective skills to manage the inevitable ups and downs of parenting, you’re more likely to enjoy your role as a mum or dad. Your children will be happier too.
The Incredible Years consists of 14 weeks of weekly two-hour sessions in a small group with other parents and caregivers. Childcare is available if you are unable to source your own, and our hours are 10am to 12pm each Friday, beginning Friday 6th August 2021.
The course covers topics such as:
- Helping your child learn through play
- Understanding your child’s development
- Using praise and encouragement to motivate your child
- Setting clear limits and rules
- Encouraging your child to solve problems
- Spending time with your child
- Communicating well with your child
Enrolling is easy! Simply email your name, contact phone, and email address to email@example.com and Family Works tutor will get in touch with you to confirm your enrolment.